The CODiE Awards have recently announced the full slate of 2019 categories! So how do we determine the 2019 categories you might ask? Every year a team of experts (CODiE Award judges and SIIA board members) meets to review the CODiE Award categories and make recommendations for the next Award cycle. The reviewers carefully comb through all of the categories to check for relevance, where the market is heading, and how we can do the best job possible at honoring the very best of the best products on the market today. In 2019 we took feedback from nominees and judges alike to work on streamlining the categories to make it as easy as possible for nominees to find the right category. To do this, some categories were retired or combined with existing categories to make way for new technologies and trends we are seeing in today’s products. We also added a number of new categories. The new categories include:
- Best Account Based Marketing Tool or Solution
- Best Marketing Automation Solution
- Best Digital Process Automation Solution
- Best Customer Data Platform (CDP) Solution
- Best Vendor Management System (VMS) Platform
- Content Authoring Development or Curation Solution
- Best Student Assessment Solution was split into formative and summative.
- We’ve also split Best Learning Management Solution (LMS), Best Mathematics Instructional Solution, Best Reading/Writing/Literature Instructional Solution into 9-12 and higher education.
The other big change for 2019 is that we have moved the Company CODiE Awards to the same timeline as the Product CODiE Awards you know and love. The Company CODiE awards celebrate excellence and achievement in tech by honoring outstanding teams, individuals and firms for their accomplishments, leadership and commitment to the industry. This is a great value add for companies looking to honor their high caliber teams and services.
Nominations open December 3 but nominees can view the categories, descriptions and judging criteria for the various categories and start IDing where they want to nominate now.