Association Media & Publishing (AM&P) has merged with Connectiv, the business information association. The merger was approved unanimously by the board of directors for both associations on Aug. 31.
For Connectiv, the merger with Washington, DC-based AM&P will add more than 220 industry leading associations to its membership and provide a platform to attract additional industry associations as members. Key highlights on how AM&P will operate with Connectiv include,
- AM&P will become a division of Connectiv, which is a part of SIIA, an umbrella association representing 800+ technology, data and media companies globally.
- AM&P will operate independently with managerial oversight from Connectiv.
- Mike Marchesano, Managing Director of Connectiv, will become Managing Director of AM&P in addition to his leadership role at Connectiv.
- The AM&P Board of Directors will be retained, and become an advisory board serving as a liaison between AM&P and Connectiv.
- Joe Vallina, AM&P President, and Larry Hoffer, AM&P Vice President, will join the Connectiv Board of Directors.
- All 10 Connectiv committees will grow with new AM&P members.
- The ConnectivU online learning platform will be enhanced with AM&P courses.
Connectiv Chairman of the Board, Marion Minor said, “The Connectiv Board of Directors is thrilled that AM&P has decided to join Connectiv. We look forward to combining our efforts to collectively serve our members.”