For Immediate Release:
SIIA Communications Contact: Nevena Jovanovic, firstname.lastname@example.org, 202-789-4461
Nominations Open for the 35th Annual Ed Tech CODiE Awards
37 Categories Available for Entry in Industry Leading, Peer-Reviewed Awards Program
Washington, DC (November 4, 2019)—SIIA, the principal trade association for the software, education technology and digital content industries, announced the nomination period for the 35th annual SIIA CODiE Awards. Applications, products and services from developers of educational software, content, online learning services and related technologies across the education sector are invited to nominate between November 4 and January 17.
Over the past 35 years, the SIIA CODiE Awards have stood as the most prestigious and influential awards program for the business and education technology industries. CODiE Award nominees, finalists and winners experience increased product recognition; press, customer and prospect visibility; product validation; team recognition and the simple enjoyment of standing out as the best amongst the competition. Past CODiE Award winners include Windows and Office, Adobe Illustrator, WSJ.com, and Ambra Suite, along with more recent innovations such as Red Hat Open Shift from Red Hat ,Inc., and Renaissance myON® Reader, Renaissance Learning.
New categories in 2020
Each year SIIA stakeholders, including past judges and industry leading executives who serve of the association’s ETIN board, review the categories to ensure the awards reflect the current education technology ecosystem. This year’s program features 37 education categories, several of which are new or updated to reflect the latest industry trends. All entries also qualify for the top overall education solution which is awarded to one product or solution at the Ed Tech Industry Conference & CODiE Awards on May 18, 2020 in San Francisco.
In 2020, the following new categories have been added:
Best Use of Emerging Technology for Learning in Education
These solutions offer promising technologies within education for use in learning and instruction. These can include artificial intelligence (AI), machine learning, virtual reality (VR), mixed reality (MR), or augmented reality (AR), amongst others. These technologies are not-yet fully understood or researched and have promising potential for the classroom. These products are grounded in the latest learning sciences, solving learning challenges utilizing emerging technology.
Best Social Learning Platform for Students
Recognizes platforms that enable learning in a social setting – learning with and from others. The students are driving the learning experience in an informal way, within a formal structure of learning or in a grass-roots way. In a secure and trusted network, these platforms allow students to collaborate, informally and formally, in a synchronous or asynchronous fashion. These platforms allow students to live chat, possess a social stream, create groups and teams, provide an expert area, enable a social Q&A,
and allow for surveys.
The Best Science and STEM Instructional Solution was also split into four separate categories including: Best Science Instructional Solution for Grades PreK-8, Best Science Instructional Solution for Grades 9-12 and Higher Education, Best STEM Instructional Solution for Grades PK-8, and Best STEM Instructional Solution for Grades 9-12 and Higher Education.
The complete list of categories include:
- Best Administrative Solution
- Best Coding & Computational Thinking Solution
- Best Collaborative Community Solution for Educators
- Best College & Career Readiness Solution
- Best Content Authoring Development or Curation Solution
- Best Cross-Curricular Solution
- Best Data Solution
- Best Education Cloud-Based Solution
- Best Educational App
- Best Emerging Education Technology Solution for Administrators
- Best Emerging Instructional Technology Solution
- Best ESL, ELL or World Language Acquisition Solution
- Best Formative Student Assessment Solution
- Best Game-Based Curriculum Solution
- Best Higher Education Learning Management Solution (LMS)
- Best Instructional Solution in Non-Core Areas
- Best K-12 Learning Management Solution (LMS)
- Best Learning Capacity-Building Solution
- Best Learning Management Solution (LMS)
- Best Library Reference or Educational Database
- Best Mathematics Instructional Solution for Grades 9-12 & Higher Education
- Best Mathematics Instructional Solution for Grades PreK-8
- Best PreK / Early Childhood Learning Solution
- Best Professional Learning Solution for Faculty & Administrative Staff
- Best Reading/Writing/Literature Instructional Solution for Grades 9-12 & Higher Education
- Best Reading/Writing/Literature Instructional Solution for Grades PreK-8
- Best Science Instructional Solution for Grades 9-12 and Higher Education - NEW
- Best Science Instructional Solution for Grades PreK-8 - NEW
- Best Social Learning Platform for Students - NEW
- Best Social Sciences or Social Studies Instructional Solution
- Best Solution for Exceptional Students
- Best STEM Instructional Solution for Grades 9-12 and Higher Education - NEW
- Best STEM Instructional Solution for Grades PK-8 - NEW
- Best Summative Student Assessment Solution
- Best Tool for Student Creation or Expression
- Best Use of Emerging Technology for Learning in Education - NEW
- Best Virtual Learning Solution
Nominate at siia.net/CODiE/nominate.
Educators and administrators are invited to apply to judge the CODiE Awards. Judges are an important part of the Awards and are responsible for evaluating assigned products to select the finalists. SIIA members then vote on the finalist products and the scores from both rounds are tabulated to select the winners.
About the CODiE Awards
The SIIA CODiE Awards is the only peer-reviewed program to showcase business and education technology’s most innovative products and services. Since 1986, thousands of products, services and solutions have been recognized for achieving excellence. For more information, visit siia.net/CODiE.
SIIA is an umbrella association representing 800+ technology, data and media companies globally. Industry leaders work through SIIA’s divisions to address issues and challenges that impact their industry segments with the goal of driving innovation and growth for the industry and each member company. This is accomplished through in-person and online business development opportunities, peer networking, corporate education, intellectual property protection and government relations. For more information, visit siia.net.
# # #
Jeremy Woolf for SIIA